Music

...

Friday 15 May 2015

Revision Tips

It has reached that time of year where summer is almost upon us (thank god)! But with the beginning of summer also comes a LOT of exams. Whether you are in primary school, high school or university there are always exams at the end of the year, with weeks full or GCSE's, A-levels and end of years.
I, like so many others, find it really, and I mean REALLY had to revise properly for tests. When weekends and half-terms come along, all you want to do is relax and spend time with friends and family and the last thing on your mind are your exams. When I get home from school I just want to crash and spend the evening with my two best friends, my TV and my fridge.
However it is soooooo important to prepare for your exams if you want to get good grades, and as every always reminds me "YOUR GRADES WILL CHANGE YOU LIFE!".

So, on that note I have compiled a short list of revision tips to help you get ready for all those lovely tests (yay!).

1. Make a timetable and stick to it
With revision I find it a whole lot easier if I have a timetable that looks pretty. I know that sounds silly, but it seriously works! Make a really pretty revision timetable and stick it above your desk or work space, so you are always reminded of what you should be doing that night. It is also important to stick to it, instead of just revising what you like when you like.

2. Keep organised
A clean desk helps you to have a clear mind. It is always best to keep your desk clean, as this will stop you from being distracted and help you focus on your revision. It is also just a nicer environment to work in!

3. Allow yourself time for social stuff
It won't do you any good to shut yourself up in your room all day revising, as your mind won't be able to focus for long periods of time and you will find yourself getting frustrated easily. It is best to leave yourself ample opportunity for other leisure activities, such as going out with friends, doing your hobbies and being social.

4. Don't cram it all into one night!!
Cram-revising may help you learn for a vocab test or grammar test, but is really bad for important exams. This is because you will not be able to retain the information for long, and you are also causing yourself a lot of stress by trying to rewrite and learn all your notes in one night! Allow yourself 6-7 weeks of revision leading up to your exams and constant note making all year in order to do the best you possibly can.

I hope you found these tips useful, even if they were quite obvious. I know that I find it really hard to actually stick to revision plans, as once I sit in front of the TV there is no way I'm leaving, but it is so much better to revise for short amounts over a long period of time.
See you all soon and good luck in any exams!







"You're entirely bonkers, but I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

No comments:

Post a Comment