Music

...

Sunday 3 May 2015

Dear Future Me

Dear Future Me,

In 10 years time I will be nearing the age of 25, and it is hard to say what will become of me or what I will be doing then. However that hasn't stopped me from compiling a list of things I wish to have done in 10 years time. So here is my list, and when I look back on this in years to come, I hope I can tick at least a few of these off.

I hope by now you have learnt the art of being organised. I now it won't be the kind of organised that is doing your homework the night you get it or revising for tests, as I hope by now school will be but a distant memory. However, I would much appreciate it if I knew you were at least doing the jobs you have to on time and I don't have to suffer the late night rushes that I do now in the future.

I hope you have learnt that to get anywhere in dance you have to start stretching every night. I know for a fact that the Sophie that is 14 pretends she stretches every night, when really me stretching at all outside of the studio is a rare occurrence.

I hope you've learnt that you can't please everyone. No one is the same, some people may love the fact you love Disney (if you still do, which I'm 99.9% sure you will), but others may not. The only way to be happy is to be yourself, cheesy though it sounds. Some people will like you and some won't, but as long as you are yourself you will find people who like and appreciate you. Surround yourself with these people, the true friends.

I hope you have achieved, or at least tried to achieve our dream. That far away hope that you could perform on stage may be dimmer now but the I hope the dwindling flame burns on. I know there is a small chance of achieving our dream but I hope you at least try and turn it into a reality, otherwise I know you will regret it in the future.

And lastly, I hope you don't forget me. The 14 year old version of yourself. The unorganized, dance/drama obsessed, crazy, weird, teenage version of yourself. I hope that you are having a great life, and sooner than I think I will be you, reading this in your present, but my future.

From Sophie on the 03/05/15

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light"


No comments:

Post a Comment