Music

...

Thursday 12 March 2015

The "Joseph" Experience

Hi guys!! 
Today I would like to tell you about a big opportunity I was given last November. I was given the chance to rejoin the cast of "Joseph and His Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat" for its shows in my area. I have performed with them twice before, but was still extremely excited to be doing it again, particularly as everyone who does it is always so nice and we have a great time together. 
The experience began with several weeks of rehearsals, with dozens of harmonies being learnt and actions too. Once we started, memories of the last time I performed these songs came flooding back and I found I still remembered all of the words (including the ones I wasn't supposed too) from 4 years earlier. With around 16 songs and reprises to learn, the rehearsals were sometimes stressful, especially for the younger kids, who were 7/8. 

The day of the first show, we went to the theatre to collect our "Joseph" t-shirts, have a practise with the cast and to be set our places of stage. I was on the top step, meaning I was able to see what was happening on stage through the corner of my eye, as we were not allowed to look at it directly, fidget, talk or move around. The first night was lots of fun, and several members of cast talked to us befire the first curtain was raised. 

I did 6 shows over that week, and it was great to spend time on stage with loads of friends (and to miss a few days of school). I can only hope that the tour comes back soon, so I can do it all over again!

"Being happy is letting go of the things that slow you down"



No comments:

Post a Comment