Music

...

Monday 30 March 2015

A Book's Ability

Hey!
Here is an extra blog post this week, because I have been thinking a lot about this recently. 
Today, I went into my nearby bookstore and had a look in my favourite section, the teen fiction.

I have always loved that a book has the ability to whisk me away into a different world, where the society is broken or not everything is as it seems. For me, a good book makes you feel like you are the main character. You relate with their emotions, and even if they are in a situation you've never been in before, you seem to understand. You sympathize, empathize and fantasize, until your life is entwined with theirs. You can't put the book down without spending all your time thinking about it because it is no longer just a book and you are no longer just a reader. When it is over, you cling onto it, and if the book is really good you find yourself thinking about it weeks after you've finished reading it. 

Books are not just sheets of paper bound together in between two covers. They can shape a person, make a person and help someone learn about themselves. Over the years I have read many books, and I feel that the majority have stayed with me, some of which have shaped my thoughts of the world and all have made me think. Sometimes I wish I had never got to that last page, however just because there are no more words left on the page, it doesn't mean the story is over. 

I hope that one day I could write something that can have this affect on someone, but 'till then I'll just enjoy the works of others.

"A room without books, is like a body without a soul"

No comments:

Post a Comment