Music

...

Thursday 2 April 2015

Invisible Time

Hey!
I hope you like the new layout of my blog, I thought it was time to make it a bit more professional and I thought this design was simple but effective. Today I have another post where I just let my thoughts flow through the keys, I hope you don't mind this.
I know that I haven't got much experience or am very wise, seeing as I am still a teenager, however I would like to share my thoughts with you in the hope you may find it relatable or in any way interesting. I have been thinking about the concept of time and human ability to over think the future.

I hope you enjoy :)

In this day and age, we as a human race are prone to thinking about the future. What am I doing tomorrow? What's happening next week? What do I want to do in the holidays?
I understand the importance of planning ahead, otherwise we are faced with the stress of last minute arrangements and would be forever disappointed when others are busy because we didn't let them know in advance. But because we spend so much time thinking ahead, are we missing out on what is happening right now?

I invite you to stop reading for 1 minute and look around you. Whether you are at home, outside, in public I ask you to look around and take in your surroundings. Observe the people around you, push away your thoughts and for a moment be free from worry and live in the moment.

We seem to live in an age where schools are making you think about your future way before you should have to, leading to worry if you're not certain. The question "What do you want to do when you're older?" is one that I think is quite controversial. You've probably heard before, that most of us will do a job that hasn't been invented yet, so how are we supposed to know what our futures may hold. If I've learnt one thing in life so far it is that it is unpredictable, and we can't plan our whole life and expect it to work like that. Love, nature, fate and destiny are all factors that are out of our control, so in my opinion we should just embrace life, for that is the only way to live without stress and worry.

Recently my school attempted and failed to teach my class about mindfulness. Most people laughed at the concept of sitting and zoning out your mind and body in order to help yourself relax, however I looked into it to find that it may really help. I have reached the point in my life where for the next 3 years I will be having non-stop major exams, which is enough to stress out even the calmest person. I don't want to be attacked by stress and anxiety and wouldn't want my peers to be either. If any of you are suffering with stress or anxiety then I think it is definitely worth having a look at.

I leave you with 5 words: unselfconsciousness, savouring, breathe, flow, acceptance and engagement. Although they may seem unrelated, they are the words that make the foundations of living in the moment.

For more information on mindfulness and living in the moment see the article that inspired this post:
The Art of Now: Six Steps To Living In The Moment

"By living in the moment, you are limitless"

No comments:

Post a Comment