Music

...

Friday 10 April 2015

How to... Scrapbook

Hi guys xx Sorry this post is a few days late, I tried to zap myself into the 21st century by writing and uploading this Thursday's post on my phone, however it completely failed and I accidentally deleted the whole thing instead of uploading it. Still, I have managed to retrieve the photos for this post as I couldn't do it without them, so without further ado let's start!
Today's post is about one of my favourite hobbies..... Scrap-booking!!! I love the thought of collecting all my cute photos and things from over the years and compiling them into something physical to show my children and grandchildren in the future. There is no set way to scrap-booking, and you can really do it any way you like, however I thought I would show you how I tackle it with the help of some photo's. So, here we go!

You will need:

Your chosen photo in the correct size. I recommend using photocopies, particularly if you're going to cut them as it is nice to keep originals separately.






A scrapbook, mine is from an arts and crafts shop called The Works and was only a few pounds.




Scissors, sellotape and super glue. I find it best to have both sellotape and super glue, however I mainly use superglue for the photos and embellishments.
 And finally you will need a selection of embellishments. You could have anything from lace, ribbons and fabrics to stickers, sequins and gems. I like to have lots of different embellishments to ensure all my scrapbook pages are different in some way.


Right, now you've got everything you need it is time to get started. First thing first, find the next empty page in your scrapbook and make sure that your photo is the right size.

Then, once you've decided where to put it, draw around the outline of your photograph. Once you have your outline drawn, select the colour for the background. This isn't essential but I think having a different coloured background is a really easy way to make each page a bit different and can help enhance the photo. Because this photo is outside, I thought a blue background would be perfect as it would represent the sky, but you can choose whatever colour suits your picture best. Make sure that you have coloured the whole page up to or slightly over the outline, however there is no point colouring in the part where your photo is as this won't be seen.
 Now you have your background done, it is time to stick down the picture. I recommend using superglue, as it is more subtle than sellotape and is sure to hold the picture in place. Mine is from The Work and was only £1.

Now you can start placing your embellishments. Try using different ones before choosing a final design. Look at the colours in your picture and choose suitable embellishments. I have decided to use a sticker flower and butterfly, some green sequins for the opposite corners of the photo, and piece of white flowery fabric and gold and purple pen for added details and to say where the photo was taken.
And here is my final page. For more scrapbook inspiration, see some of the other pages I did below:






























I hope you enjoyed this post! See you on Monday :)







*Also, feel free to check out the dance blog I co-own, The Bunheads by clicking here. I post there on tuesdays*


No comments:

Post a Comment